Shop Red Dog- Black Dog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

End of the Year!


It's been a long year. The full-time job I have been working this past year has left me with no mental energy to work on my art. Plus, because I was off my game a little I had a bit of a kiln accident where it over-fired by about 10 hours, disintigrated the white low-fire clay pieces I had in there, which then ran all over the shelves and into the bottom of the kiln creating all sorts of havoc. I'm in need of a new one, but for now I'm going to try to insulate the bottom with the stuff you put in a raku kiln and see if it works. I'll have to manually fire it, because my "kiln-sitter" melted, but I suppose that's probably better anyway. At least I won't be able to get lazy like I did before.


Anyway, I've been selling some items on etsy.com, which has given me new life, and I will be adding some more stuff soon....including that rimmed bowl I was talking about earlier. Because of the job, I don't have a lot of new stuff, but something is better than nothing.


On a good note, at the end of the year I'll be quitting the full-time day job and will go back to doing what I do best (with something else to supplement, but not monopolize all my time) and should have new stuff to add soon.


Until then, here's a picture of the new pup in the brood. She's 7 months old as of this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment